Membership in this organization shall be open to all inudstry members of the United States and such other countries who meet the qualifications established by TARA for membership in their respective category as hereinafter set forth and who, through their application for acceptance of membership in this organization, pledge and agree to be governed by the Constitution and By-Laws of such organization.
Eligibility Regular Membership
- Applicant must be actively engaged in the business of repair to heavy-duty truck, tractor and trailer chassis frame, axles, housings, and wheel, straightening, balancing, and alignment for a minimum of two years.
- Applicant must be a principle in the ownership of the firm and actively engaged in the business of the firm.
- Applicant must be sponsored by two of the three closest geographically located TARA Regular Active Members
- Applicant must submit five credit references, and ten customer references.
- Applicant must permit a physical inspection of his/its shop with regard to the actual capabilities of applicant’s shop work and equipment. Equipment must be capable of correcting truck, trailer, trailer chassis frames to achieve acceptable specifications for alignment of wheel, suspensions, and body, cab or trailer frame.
Eligibility Associate Membership
Shall consist of representatives of insurance firms, legal firms, and such others as the Association’s Regular Active Membership may deem necessary and important to fostering, promoting, and carrying out the interests, objectives, and goodwill of TARA and its members.
Eligibility Allied Membership
Shall consist of firms engaged in the business of manufacturing and/or supplying, frame straightening equipment, wheel alignment equipment, wheel balancing equipment, tools, parts used in the repair of frame and front ends, and other related products, including wholesalers and distributers.
Eligibility Affiliate Membership
Members of other organizations that are engaged in the heavy duty transportation industry.